The Social Media Specialist will serve an integral creative role on the Development and Communications team. This role is responsible for the day-to-day implementation and engagement of the Company’s social channels – both reactive and proactive as well as supporting the website, and executing digital marketing, communications, and campaigns. The Social Media Specialist will create compelling content and community experiences increasing reach and engagement, and supports donor, partners, and stakeholder growth across the Company’s brand.
Content and Planning
- Develop and execute social media strategies for events, programs, campaigns, and external partnerships
- Work collaboratively to create newsletter, email, social media, and digital communications campaigns to support the Company’s mission, strategic goals, development, and program priorities.
- Develop and execute a social media calendar for the Company’s social media accounts
- Produce multimedia social media/digital content to bring client stories and experiences to audiences, as well as conveying program priorities in an engaging way, including reels, video vignettes, static graphics, etc.
- Monitor comments and messages, respond to comments, engage with social communities, and liaise with the donor services team as needed
- Draft or support and execute “real time” digital content as needed in response to breaking news.
- Track, report, and interpret data analytics to continuously improve engagement by capturing and analyzing metrics, insights, and best practices
- Report data/trends for website, social media, and search engine channels including Google analytics
- Engage and grow audiences according to each platform’s preferred algorithm and analytics
- Stay abreast of current social media trends, including changes to existing platforms
- Monitor digital media trends and to create strategies and enhance engagement, reach and partnerships.
- Manage the content calendar for Instagram, Twitter and potentially new channels including copywriting and visual asset creation via Canva and/or video curation and editing.
- Handle the day-to-day posting of content and social community interactions and conversations on the @telesolv Instagram and Twitter handle.
- Assist in growing the Company’s YouTube channel while managing community engagement.
- Identify trends and conversations in the B2B space for content creation opportunities.
- Utilize social listening/sentiment tools to recommend enhancements to the B2B social strategy.
- Execute B2B social media paid campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Social or Digital Marketing, or related field
- 2-4 years of managing professional social media accounts, either in-house or agency, and/or working in communications, PR, marketing, or digital content roles.
- Demonstrated success managing digital communications strategies and tactics, and understanding and applying digital trends, insights, analytics, and technologies.
- Knowledge/experience creating paid advertising campaigns on Google Ads and Facebook.
- Knowledge of graphic design, and tools for social media and digital newsletter.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications.
- Customer oriented with good attention to detail, and multitasking ability.
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of normal working hours as necessitated by events or breaking news.
- Previous experience working with TeleSolv is preferred.
- Excellent writing, producing/editing (photo/video/text) skills, and audience engagement skills and the ability to develop and communicate compelling messaging.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact and build relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency in social media channels, especially Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and tools like Asana and Later.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to interact and build relationships internally and externally with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency with SEO, and in web software, trends, and tech.
- Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva and/or similar programs.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multitask while working independently.
TeleSolv Consulting is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.