Join the TeleSolv Consulting Team on our mission to provide quality and unparalleled service to our clients. We are a growing organization that provides a variety of professional and administrative services to public and private organizations with global operations. Our company has an immediate opening for an experienced Scanning Technician to support a federal client in the Washington, D.C. area.
Rated in the top 1000 business in 2019 by Inc.com. Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
We offer excellent compensation, training, advancement opportunities, and exceptional benefits including PTO, sick leave, 11 paid federal holidays, medical, dental, vision, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, matching 401(k) plan and more.
Duties / Responsibilities:
The Scanning Technician supports short-term, high-volume, record retirement and archiving projects. Scanning Technicians are responsible for converting archival materials to digital format using high-resolution scanners with a high attention to detail and accuracy. Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pull records, verify alphabetical order, and ensure they are retrievable, make file folders, box up records, type manifests, record file numbers and other identifiers, and retire to file rooms.
- Perform searching and filing functions, file and/or retrieve application packages from file rooms/cabinets.
- Utilize work procedures and search techniques using current and historical (manual and electronic) filing systems.
- Follow a pre-set pattern for document sequencing.
- Properly handle fragile and sensitive archival materials.
- Obtain and return remote files as assigned.
- Prepare files for retention, disposition, and retrieval purposes.
- Support the preparation of materials for scanning.
- Operate high-speed scanning equipment linked to databases.
- Scan applications, photos, supporting documents, etc. and import in systems; correct color and manipulate images as required using provided software; burn digital images to DVD, removable hard drives, or other storage media.
- Perform basic data entry.
- Record technical, item, and structural metadata in spreadsheets.
- Enter descriptive metadata into management systems.
- Perform quality control on scanned material.
- Calibrate all components of scanner and computer workstation on a regular basis.
- Box and archive files for mailing and/or storage purposes.
- Generate mailing labels, ensure that mail labels match the applicant identification, fill and seal envelopes with correct corresponding documents.
- Receive and load pallets and individual packages into FedEx, UPS, USPS, or other transportation carrier vehicles. Offload/move heavy materials from the office utilizing either an electric or manual pallet jack.
- Maintain schedules, tabulate daily production statistics, and provide daily reports on file-room activities.
- Assist in orienting and training new associates.
- U.S. Citizen.
- High School diploma.
- Active Secret clearance or higher.
- One (1) year of office experience in a high volume production environment.
- One (1) year of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word and MS Outlook.
- Demonstrated ability in the following areas:
- Multi-tasking while paying attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working in one place and traverse the office on a continuing basis.
- Providing basic customer service skills.
- COVID-19 vaccination; or an approved medical or religious exemption.
TeleSolv Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.