Join the TeleSolv Consulting Team on our mission to provide quality and unparalleled service to our clients. We are a growing organization that provides a variety of professional and administrative services to public and private organizations with global operations. Our company has an immediate opening for an experienced Management Analyst II to support a federal client in the Washington, D.C. area.
Rated in the top 1000 business in 2019 by Inc.com. Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
We offer excellent compensation, training, advancement opportunities, and exceptional benefits including PTO, sick leave, 10 paid federal holidays, medical, dental, vision, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, matching 401(k) plan and more.
Duties / Responsibilities:
The Management Analyst II provides support to the Government staff and prepares letters, reports, and specialized correspondence. The Management Analyst II will be primarily assigned to the National Visa Center (NVC) and/or the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC). A Government manager will provide day-to-day oversight and direction. The Management Analyst II shall perform all duties required including, but not limited to, the following:
- Identify and document contracting issues and develop contract improvement initiatives.
- Collaborate with the primary contractor and Government Task Managers (GTMs) in the development, implementation and oversight of centralized contract tracking and reporting on all quality assurance activities and findings.
- Assists the government with identifying actual and potential conflicts in contract requirements and provide recommendations for remedy.
- Participate in relevant management meetings and workgroups to support objectives.
- Facilitates Quarterly Quality Reviews (QQRs) and other formal quality-related reviews.
- Develops and maintains NVC and KCC procedures for quality assurance, inspection throughout the VSS support contract lifecycle.
- Coordinates ongoing internal primary contractor contract evaluations.
- Conducts quality assurance assessments via on site and desk review processes.
- Establishes risk assessment methodologies and oversees the risk assessment process.
- Establishes Technical Monitoring Plans (TMPs), performs monitoring, and tracks the progress of corrections/issue resolution.
- Provides support and technical assistance to the COR, GTMs and other Government staff with the primary contractor related contracting and procurement responsibilities.
- Reports on the primary contractor contract information and contract lifecycle activities.
- Assists with maintenance of contract COR Working files on the NVC and KCC shared network drive and other assigned functions to assist the COR, A/COR and GTMs.
- Establishes methodologies to track incoming work and throughput and prepares briefing material to show any changes in inputs and outputs.
- Assists with implementation and maintenance of incentive/disincentive program with prime labor contractor.
- Spanish language (optional): Knowledge of Spanish language in reading, speaking, comprehension and writing to suggest correction, expansion, or simplification of grammar, spelling, punctuation, abbreviations, capitalization, to check routine and repetitive instructional materials and to type draft and final copy foreign language materials.
The Contractor shall conduct management activities, including, but not limited to the following:
- Assist with the preparation of contract modification requests.
- Monitor burn rates.
- Review invoices for accuracy prior to USG review and acceptance.
- Assist COR, A/COR and GTMs with contract guidance.
- Assist with maintenance of contract files.
- Provide briefings and reports findings on quality measurements, reviews, and compliance matters.
- Support the COR, A/COR and GTMs performing quality assurance surveillance functions and provide advice, recommendations, and documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree, in a related field
- Three (3) years of experience monitoring federal government contracts or direct knowledge and understanding of consular contracts, regulations.
- Three (3) years of written and oral communications in an office environment related to visa work.
- Three (3) years of policy development, international relations, intelligence community, legal, and/or foreign service.
- Three (3) years working in a Quality Management-related field or three (3) years of experience monitoring federal Government contracts and understanding of consular contracts, regulations, and processes.
- Three (3) years of experience with operational applications to test and inspect products in an integrated system.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated ability to validate quality processes by reviewing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production; documenting evidence; determining operational and performance qualifications; writing and updating quality assurance procedurals, checklist, and other deliverables.
- Three (3) years of experience maintaining and/or improving product quality by completing product, system, compliance, and surveillance audits; investigating customer complaints; collaborating with other members of management to develop new solutions.
- Three (3) years of experience preparing quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends including failed processes, studies, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- Three (3) years of demonstrated proficiency in the following Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Applicants with active Secret Security Clearances are preferred
- Master of Science degree in relevant field preferred
TeleSolv Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.