Join the TeleSolv Consulting Team on our mission to provide quality and unparalleled service to our clients. We are a growing organization that provides a variety of professional and administrative services to public and private organizations with global operations. Our company is currently seeking a Business Consultant Level II
in the Washington, DC to provide expert analysis and consultation for services for a Federal client.
Rated in the top 1000 business in 2019 by Inc.com. Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
TeleSolv combines its profound insight into business processes with the capabilities and technologies of its distinguished alliance partners to support our clients in achieving optimal performance.
- Quality: Provide outstanding service resulting in an excellent value to our clients.
- Integrity: Uphold the highest standards of integrity in all of our actions.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively to meet client and our needs.
- Respect: Value employees, encourage professional development and reward exceptional performance.
We offer excellent compensation, training, advancement opportunities, and exceptional benefits including PTO, sick leave, 10 paid federal holidays, medical, dental, vision, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, matching 401(k) plan, and more.
Duties / Responsibilities:
This position requires a self-starter with proven leadership skills and a team mentality. Seeking Business Consultant to improve maturity of client organization (budgetary, financial, and program management processes) for large scale federal government agency as they transition to sustainment programs. Serves as Business Consultant responsible for providing support and assistance in government business practices, business re-engineering, business process development, business metrics development, facility and workforce planning, communications and marketing planning, and management-related issues. May require in-person support a minimum
of 2-3 days a week at a DC area USCG site.
- Lead strategies and special projects to improve financial maturity of client organization to include system life cycle cost tracking, personnel support requirements, and resource proposal management
- Lead the development of strategic plans / program artifacts, including charters, business cases, concept of operations, communications action plans, risk management plans, agendas, minutes, briefings, and correspondence
- Coordinating and participating in Working Group(s) and Joint Service Integrated Project Teams, consisting of US Military Services, Department of Defense (DoD), Civilian, and contractor staff
- Attend meetings and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and subject matter experts to derive and document system risks and provide inputs to the Risk Analyses.
- Conduct systems research
- Assist with developing PowerPoint and other meeting presentation materials
- Plan for facility requirements and track lease agreements
- Support customer meetings with logistics, notetaking, and action item capture
- Communicate project status and results effectively to all leadership levels.
- Balance competing priorities and manage time constraints and aggressive timelines.
- Provide proactive risk mitigation strategies and understand when to elevate issues to project leadership.
- Provide exceptional organizational skills to project work and project management.
- Build professional client relationships through exceptional client service and deliverables.
- USCG or DoD operational domain knowledge / C5I logistics experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel and Visio preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience using MS Project and/or other scheduling software.
- Hands on experience managing multiple projects; demonstration of a clear understanding and application of project management methodologies and advanced project management concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communicator.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively independently and in team settings to include close collaboration with program managers.
- Demonstrated situational awareness and professionalism for onsite client delivery.
- Perform quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected.
- Adjust schedules and targets on the project as needed.
- PMP / ITIL foundations certification preferred.
Experience / Skills Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in business, management, communications, engineering, or a related field with 7 years of experience. Master's Degree desired (7 years of experience)
- 7+ years of experience in business development, re-engineering, and management.
- Superior writing and editing skills; specific abilities should include corporate communications, presentations, white papers, technical writing, and response writing.
- Proficient in metrics tracking, performance reporting and analytics.
- Proficient in the following Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, and Teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to conduct detailed research and analysis of technical data.
- Ability to read and interpret acquisition policy, regulations, and directives.
- Exposure to ITIL principles preferred
TeleSolv Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position(s); however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.