Join the TeleSolv Consulting Team on our mission to provide quality and unparalleled service to our clients. We are a growing organization that provides a variety of professional and administrative services to public and private organizations with global operations. Our company is currently seeking a Secretary II
in Grand Prairie, TX
to provide receptionist and administrative support to the Regional Headquarters Office and the Investigations Branch.
Rated in the top 1000 business in 2019 by Inc.com. Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
TeleSolv combines its profound insight into business processes with the capabilities and technologies of its distinguished alliance partners to support our clients in achieving optimal performance.
- Quality: Provide outstanding service resulting in an excellent value to our clients.
- Integrity: Uphold the highest standards of integrity in all of our actions.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively to meet client and our needs.
- Respect: Value employees, encourage professional development and reward exceptional performance.
We offer excellent compensation, training, advancement opportunities, and exceptional benefits including PTO, sick leave, 10 paid federal holidays, medical, dental, vision, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, matching 401(k) plan, and more.
Duties / Responsibilities
The Secretary II maintains a close and highly responsive relationship to the day-to-day activities of the Regional and Investigations Branch offices they will support, works fairly independently with minimal oversight. The responsibilities of this position include having knowledge and understanding of FPS R7 program mission, objectives, goals, plans and procedures.
Experience and Skills Required
- Public Trust clearance or higher preferred.
- Candidates with the ability to obtain a Federal clearance will be considered.
Experience and Skills Required
- Provide clear, concise, and effective responses to routine inquiries for information and/or answering questions on basic knowledge of the FPS program from office guests as well as phone inquiries which include the ability to immediately respond to potential threats.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for the Investigations Branch Chief.
- Draft, review, and edit multiple documents for the Investigations Branch personnel for distribution to executive staff, Region or upper management at headquarters (HQ).
- Assists with tracking and reports for the Threat Assessment Report (TAR) Program status to Investigations Branch Chief, and senior leadership weekly. Reporting includes an in-depth analysis of each facility and reporting each phase of the TAR process.
- Create On-call Agent Duty Roster to Denver MegaCenter. Track and report monthly Vehicle Operating Reports and mileage reporting to the region.
- Prepare, label and track the shipping of all outgoing packages. Receive and distribute all incoming mail, packages in accordance with established policy.
- Assists FPS with the planning and execution of special events supported and recognized by the Federal Government, such as, but not limited to, Combined Federal Campaign, Feds Feed Families Campaign, retirement ceremonies, and awards ceremonies.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties such as making travel plans, assisting Government employee in the preparation of travel authorizations and expense reports, maintaining time and attendance reports, making copies, and arranging for conference rooms.
- Will complete any other special assignments as they relate to the administrative and clerical support of the FPS mission and programs.
Education and Certifications Required
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Experience to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook email system.
- Working knowledge of Scanners, Printers and Copiers.
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to prepare and make group/executive presentations.
- Resourcefulness, initiative and skill to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail in goal/task accomplishment with minimal supervision.
- Professionalism and the ability to interact effectively with others.
- Ability to meet planned and unscheduled deadlines in a timely manner.
- All personnel shall be able to work independently. Adequate supervision shall be provided by the contractor to ensure successful performance under this contract.
TeleSolv Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position(s); however, only candidates selected for interview.
- High school diploma and one (1) year experience.