Join the TeleSolv Consulting Team on our mission to provide quality and unparalleled service to our clients. We are a growing organization that provides a variety of professional and administrative services to public and private organizations with global operations. Our company is currently seeking a(n) Fire Protection Engineer in Kansas, MO.
Rated in the top 1000 business in 2019 by Inc.com. Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
We offer excellent compensation, training, advancement opportunities, and exceptional benefits including PTO, sick leave, 10 paid federal holidays, medical, dental, vision, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, matching 401(k) plan, and more.
Our Company is seeking a Fire Protection Engineer.
The region is responsible for all aspects of facility design, renovation, and management within Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri. These activities include ensuring that building occupants and visitors are safe from fire and other hazards. The Regional Fire Protection Engineer(s) have nearly 60 buildings that fall within their authority.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Assists the Senior Fire Protection Engineer with:
- Risk assessments of owned and leased facilities,
- Investment planning,
- Design team fire protection engineer consultant approval,
- Project planning, pre-design, design,
- Pre-construction, construction,
- Project close out,
- Risk management,
- Building assessment,
- Educational activities of fire prevention and fire protection in government owned and leased buildings.
- Interpretation and application of regulations, codes and standards applicable.
- Explanation of interpretations to non-technical staff, management, and agency officials.
- Developing appropriate risk reduction strategies including scopes of work and assisting estimators with independent government estimates.
- Reviews drawings, specifications, shop drawings, substitutions, and as-built preparing comments and recommendations focused on 100% compliance to the standards applicable to the Government.
- Preparation and organization of record documents supporting the Fire Protection & Life Safety Program.
- Government buildings include those housing offices, electronic data processing, records center operations, motor vehicle repair and storage, warehousing activities, laboratories and hazardous materials storage.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Engineer shall possess an active minimum Moderate Risk Public Trust Clearance
- Possess knowledge in the use and application of the National Fire Codes and Standards published by the National Fire Protection Association, the International Building Code and other codes published by the International Code Council.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles of physics and chemistry governing fire growth, spread, and suppression.
- Must meet one of the following criteria:
- An engineer having an undergraduate degree or a graduate degree from a college or university in the course of study in fire protection engineering, fire protection engineering technology, or fire safety engineering that is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology.
- Or, a similar accreditation and has at least 1 year of experience in Fire Protection Engineering.
TeleSolv Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position(s); however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.