Join the TeleSolv Consulting Team on our mission to provide quality and unparalleled service to our clients. We are a growing organization that provides a variety of professional and administrative services to public and private organizations with global operations. Our company is currently seeking a(n) FOIA Specialist in Washington, DC to support a Federal client.
Rated in the top 1000 business in 2019 by Inc.com. Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
TeleSolv combines its profound insight into business processes with the capabilities and technologies of its distinguished alliance partners to support our clients in achieving optimal performance.
- Quality: Provide outstanding service resulting in an excellent value to our clients.
- Integrity: Uphold the highest standards of integrity in all of our actions.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively to meet client and our needs.
- Respect: Value employees, encourage professional development and reward exceptional performance.
We offer excellent compensation, training, advancement opportunities, and exceptional benefits including PTO, sick leave, 10 paid federal holidays, medical, dental, vision, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, matching 401(k) plan, and more.
The EPA Region 6 Enterprise Technology and Architecture Section is located within the Enterprise Operations and Support Branch and is responsible for the Regional Records Management program. Most record management tasks are performed at the primary location (Regional Office) in Dallas, Texas. Region 6 has acquired the services of contract personnel to provide support for the management of Agency records throughout their lifecycle with a “cradle to grave” approach.
The contractor position (RMS II) must provide support and technical direction in all areas of records management such as creation, filing, maintenance, retention, archiving and disposal of records. This position also includes working with Versatile Enterprise, the current records tracking system. (The Agency is in the process of moving to an electronic recordkeeping system.) The contractor will handle programmatic, Division-specific records during their “lifecycle” within a centralized records center. Customer service is a primary function of this position. Responsibilities also include entering files into an automated records tracking system, processing infilng, performing file maintenance, pulling files, conducting shelf audits and archiving.
Duties / Responsibilities:
Experience and Skills Required:
- Maintaining programmatic records in the regional records center
- Creating new files, using an automated records tracking system
- Updating and maintaining records
- Researching and reviewing record material
- Reviewing and determining disposition of records in accordance with Federal guidelines
- Preparing records for archiving to transfer to the Federal Records Center
- Digitizing paper records (anticipated)
- Conducting shelf audits
- Formulating File Plans
- Maintaining statistical data for reporting
- Providing front line customer service
- Assisting with analysis of record management problems with strategies to meet ongoing records needs in all formats
- Providing support to the RMS III, RIM IV and RIM V / Program Manager positions
- Excellent interpersonal skills (must be able to interact effectively with all levels of personnel).
- Proficient organizational skills
- Must be able to prioritize and switch tasks easily
- Should be able to function well in a team environment
- Previous office experience is preferred
- Computer knowledge (Windows 10)
- Attention to detail is critical
- Should require minimal supervision
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds (archiving boxes)
- Basic writing skills is necessary
- Must be able to handle sensitive, confidential business, limited access, and controlled unclassified material.
- Cross-training between records programs will be expected.
- Familiarity with File Plan development is helpful.
- Experience with electronic records is a plus.
- Background investigation and fingerprinting required.
- This job requires candidate to sit, stand, lift, pull and push carts and move boxes on intermittently.
Education and Certifications Required:
- Active Public Trust clearance or higher preferred, the ability to obtain one is required.
- US Citizen.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) from accredited institution required.
TeleSolv Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position(s); however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.