Join the TeleSolv Consulting Team on our mission to provide quality and unparalleled service to our clients. We are a growing organization that provides a variety of professional and administrative services to public and private organizations with global operations. Our company is currently seeking a FOIA Specialist in Washington, DC to support a Federal client.
Rated in the top 1000 business in 2019 by Inc.com. Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
TeleSolv combines its profound insight into business processes with the capabilities and technologies of its distinguished alliance partners to support our clients in achieving optimal performance.
- Quality: Provide outstanding service resulting in an excellent value to our clients.
- Integrity: Uphold the highest standards of integrity in all of our actions.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively to meet client and our needs.
- Respect: Value employees, encourage professional development and reward exceptional performance.
We offer excellent compensation, training, advancement opportunities, and exceptional benefits including PTO, sick leave, 10 paid federal holidays, medical, dental, vision, company paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, employee assistance program, matching 401(k) plan, and more.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Respond to FOIA requests in accordance with rules and instructions as set forth in the USCG FOIA Policy and Privacy Act Manual (COMDTINST M5260.32).
- Process requests on a first in – first out (FIFO) basis which shall be determined through sequential numbering of requests, meeting the twenty (20) working day requirement.
- Acknowledge receipt of the request to requestor within five (5) working days when the request will not be completed within ten (10) working days.
- Proofread final copy of any documents to ensure each document is free of errors.
- Ensure that all completed requests are properly addressed to the requester, include all documented contact with the requester and the response letter contains the correct FOIA/PA number and the current date.
- Ensure final submission of responsive documents are properly organized in accordance with INV-3, USCG and DHS policies and procedures.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Active Public Trust clearance or higher preferred, candidates with the ability to obtain one considered.
- US Citizen.
Education and Certifications Required:
- Experience creating letters with Microsoft Word.
- Experience redacting files in Adobe Acrobat.
- Skilled in reviewing data in Microsoft Excel reports.
- Ability to efficiently analyze information in FOIA requests to determine what is being requested.
Experience, Skills and Attributes Desired:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) from accredited institution required.
- Can establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and clients.
- Able to prioritize tasks and follow through to completion in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Able to read, analyze and accurately interpret documents such as operating instructions, technical procedures, and regulations.
- Possess the verbal skills to effectively communicate with employees and the client.
- Able to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
TeleSolv Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position(s); however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.