Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
Our Company is seeking a Project Manager/Construction. The Individual will serve as a Project Manager to directly manage small projects (up to $150k) in support of the building repair and alteration(R&A) program for a field office team.
- Performs customer needs interviews, conducts studies, prepares construction cost estimates, confirms project requirements, develops Scopes of Work (SOW), specifications, and plans for projects.
- Serves as hands-on Construction Manager of assigned repair and alteration projects through all project stages (trigger to close-out) in existing buildings and facilities, such as multi-tenant office buildings, laboratories, warehouses, underground cave office and archival space, computer facilities, courthouses and historic buildings.
- Coordinates with multiple trade type contractors, general contractors, professional services contractors, and other specialist type contractors, as required to support design and construction activities. Assignments are made in the form of a designated project for which the scope, target completion date, and available funds must be defined.
- Plans for and carries out projects independently with granted authority to act on own initiative on matters affecting the project, with the Contracting Officer having the ultimate authority. The Project Manager does not have any authority to bind the federal government into a contractual relationship or approve funds outside those allotted for the current project.
- Leads the project team to achieve project objectives throughout the project lifecycle (project initiation to closeout). They must ensure the project is planned, executed, and managed properly.
- Plans, leads, communicates, resources, and, most importantly builds team consensus and participation in all aspects of planning and executing a project.
- Keeps the Field Office Director informed of progress, potentially controversial matters, or issues with an overall standpoint in terms of effectiveness in meeting project requirements. Planning: Leads all aspects of project planning, including gathering stakeholder needs, negotiating, developing and gaining consensus for project scope, schedule, budget, and the communication plan.
- Leads by Consensus: Leads project team members and stakeholders to execute the project plan by seeking and maintaining consensus.
- Change Management: Guides the project team through changing requirements such as the project plan, customer, and other stakeholder agreements.
- Communication: Ensures project communication plan is properly executed throughout the life of the project. Keeps the Sponsor well informed, escalates issues as necessary.
- Problem Solving: Leads project team in resolving project issues, balancing cost, schedule, and scope as project drivers dictate.
- Prioritization: Prioritizes project tasks for project team.
- Customer Relationship Management: Actively plans for, and manages the customer relationship at all customer levels. Inspires customer confidence towards team and the customer.
- Execution: Leads the project team to deliver as promised.
- Communication – Oral and Written
- Technical construction drawings and specifications knowledge
- Email, chat, & telephone
- Scopes of Work (SOW) development
- Spreadsheets, Google documents
- Project scheduling
- Specification writing
- Submittal review
- Electronic Project Management
- Accepts accountability for the project outcome.
- Maintains project rhythm with meeting minutes and agendas.
- Motivates project team.
- Mentors project team toward understanding the broader impact of the project.
- Maintains a shared understanding of each member’s role and importance.
- Channels conflict in a constructive manner.
- Listens to and respects others’ opinions
- Delivers clear and concise messages to all parties
- Secures approvals when needed
- Minimum three (3) years of construction related Project Management experience with projects ranging from $2,500 - $150,000 in minor repairs and alterations to commercial office construction
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience involved in mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and general office space construction