Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
Our Company is seeking a Plans Examiner to perform the role of Code Compliance Coordinator to support a Federal agency in Kansas City, MO. The Compliance Coordinator works with subject matter experts in the planning, design, construction, and project closeout phases of projects for primarily the Government owned facilities and also serves as a consultant on code matters for buildings leased from private building owners.
The Government organization is responsible for all aspects of facility design, renovation, and management within Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri. These activities include ensuring that all projects are designed and constructed in accordance with recognized codes and standards as defined in the “PBS-P100 FACILITIES STANDARDS FOR THE PUBLIC BUILDINGS SERVICE
” (known as the P100). Previous experience with P100 is not a requirement but would be a plus.
The intent of this position is to have a qualified code review professional who will work with Engineers, Architects, cost estimators, and various other subject matter experts. The Compliance Coordinator will work with other professionals to ensure that projects are designed in accordance with the P100.
Compliance Coordinator Qualifications:
- Serves as project lead to perform multi-discipline plan review for new buildings, repair and alterations projects, tenant fit out renovations, site development, grading, and utilities.
- Serves as project lead to perform plan and specifications review for compliance with Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Energy Conservation, Fire Suppression, Fire Alarm, and Elevator codes and standards.
- Applies codes and standards to ensure compliance. In situations where the project team needs to request a code deviation, coordinates the preparation and submission of code deviations, with appropriate national office business lines.
- Attends meetings on behalf of the client with local code officials.
- Advises Architecture and Engineering (A/E) firms on P100 interpretation issues.
- Operates as a senior level expert and provides authoritative advice and technical expertise to management officials, regional architects/engineers and project managers concerning P100 compliance.
- May conduct field visits to perform inspections of projects and/or to advise project teams on P100 compliance issues.
- Develops, revises, and/or maintains P100 compliance procedures/processes.
- May represent the client in working groups and is recognized as a code authority.
- Serves as coordinator for the R6 design and P100 compliance process.
- +/- 15% Travel may be required for this position.
The individual will have experience
- 10 years of experience in the use and application of the codes and standards.
- Certifications in multiple categories of the ICC.
- 10 years of experience in leading groups of Architects and Engineers in code compliance/review of commercial buildings.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills,
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Able to read and apply program specific guides and standards to projects.
- Individual shall be able to obtain and maintain an active minimum Moderate Risk Public Trust Clearance.
- Knowledge and experience with “PBS-P100 FACILITIES STANDARDS FOR THE PUBLIC BUILDINGS SERVICE” is a plus.
in the use and application of the following codes and standards:
1.4 Nationally Recognized Codes and Standards
1.4.1 Conflicts between Codes or Standards and GSA Requirements
1.4.2 ICC International Codes
1.4.3 NFPA Life Safety Code
1.4.4 NFPA National Electrical Code
1.4.5 National Standards
1.5 State and Local Codes
1.5.1 State and Local Government Consultation and Review
1.5.3 Design Review for Code Compliance
1.5.4 Construction Inspections
This position may also be known in some jurisdictions as Plans Examiner, Code Enforcement Coordinator, or Multidisciplined Code Official among others.