Records Management Specialist/General Clerk I – Rockville, MD
TeleSolv is seeking General Clerk I’s to provide full-time or part-time support to a client within our Federal Practice area in the Washington DC area. The position requires experience with records management to include handling, unpacking/packing files in boxes, and entering file information in databases. A minimum of two years’ experience is preferred. The ideal candidate will have experience within the Federal government (as a temp, contract, intern, etc.) in the recent past. Private sector experience will be considered.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The incumbent provides records support to management staff within the client organization. Support may be provided to primarily one individual or broadly in support of the program’s mission. General Clerk I personnel will maintain a responsive relationship in completing the day-to-day responsibilities within the assigned office. Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualifications for the Position:
- Assist with handling, auditing, repairing, and packing government records.
- Assist with scanning paper documents to be stored electronically and conduct quality review of scanned images against the paper images.
- Provide support with the records inventories, schedules, transfers and files management to staff.
- Assist with identifying records for reference, research, indexes and create box lists.
- Ensure integrity of the files through tracking, proofreading and validating the complete record components for the official file.
- Assist records specialist and coordinators with support and control for the transfer of inactive records to off- site storage.
- Achieve performance goals (i.e. records processed/hour).
- Meet minimum quality assurance standards.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have appropriate related professional work experience in Records Management.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and according to deadlines.
- Must have the ability to pass a NACI background investigation, at a minimum.
- Must have completed high school or have a GED diploma.
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate proper English clearly and precisely and able to read and write English with proficiency above average.
- Must possess the ability to verbally communicate with all levels of personnel clearly and precisely.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse population.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office computer software applications to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Must present a professional, hygienic appearance at all times, wearing appropriate casual office attire (i.e. no flip-flops, sweat suits, or printed t-shirts, etc.).
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 lbs.; and physically bend, twist, and kneel in a safe manner.
- Must be able to perform all required tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be punctual; reporting for duty hours ready to work by assigned start time. In general, duty hours are between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, however hours are subject to change based on contract needs.
- Pass pre-employment background investigation, including credit check and drug test; and
- Obtain and maintain a Federal background check/security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
TeleSolv Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.