Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
TeleSolv is seeking a Defense Travel Administrator to support a Federal project.
The Defense Travel Administrator will be responsible for performing any combination of various clerical and administrative duties requiring overall knowledge of Customer systems and procedures. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
- Experience with coordinating travel requests for our clients needs
- Ability to schedule hotel and flight accommodations and procures necessary documentation such as passports, visas, or other clearances.
- Ability to ensure that travel needs are met within the constraints of the clients travel budget.
- Minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent certificate.
- Possess a minimum of 0-2-year professional experience working in this field or related area.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Ability to use computerized software used in word-processing, presentation, financial and accounting applications, and an ability to organize and analyze service-related metrics.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office—Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook.
- Ability to assist customers and staff promptly.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
DUTIES/TASKS THE CONTRACT EMPLOYEE SHALL PERFORM BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must possess IT-II security clearance or have a current National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC)
- Be a U.S Citizen
- Serve as the Office Manager providing executive-level administrative assistance to assigned department, service, clinic or program.
- Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Review incoming and outgoing correspondence for accurate formatting, spelling, grammar, and data information
- Maintain calendar of activities; conference, meeting, and travel schedule; inform supervisor of scheduled appointments to avoid conflicts with other commitments.
- Write, edit, and review memos, documents, and manuscripts for review and signature.
- Be sufficiently familiar with military and professional formatting requirements and correctly utilize style manuals for reference.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Competence in MS Office-Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize competing urgencies, tasking, and assignments.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, provider activity folders, and other administrative office requirements.
- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- With Guidance, assign roles and permission levels and maintain appointment and acknowledgement letters for accountable officials.
- Maintain traveler profile information.
- Provide recommendations to the Government regarding the establishment of the organization routing structure for approving and certifying travel.
- Add, delete, and detach employees in the Defense Travel System. Upon Government approval
- Authorize and establish the Organization structure, sub-organizations, lines of accounting, routing list, conditional routing list, authorizing officials and travelers.
- Coordinate work flow of Organizational Defense Travel Administrator’s (ODTAs), provide administrative and technical support as needed and research information upon request.
- Active DTS enrollees by name and department and provide departments with updated account information.
- Manage all required documents and files daily.
- Coordinate meetings and training with all ODTA's (Organization Defense Travel Administrators). If attending meetings must be identified as a contract employee. May not commit or represent the Government
- Ensure all the clients changes implemented in a timely manner, reporting problems with the implementation to the DTS.
- Tier 3 Help Desk and follow up on fixes.
- Develop presentations and statistical reports for Government review and signatures.
- Manage travel card program checking by activating card, reviewing payments, delinquencies, and abuse.
- Prepare reports for travel information, and travel card data.
- Works with multiple databases, using current computer applications available.
- Provide assistance on administrative matters pertaining to human resources documentation