Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
TeleSolv is seeking a Technical Writer to provide full-time support to a client within our Federal Practice area in Asheville, NC, Boulder, CO or Silver Spring, MD. The position requires a minimum of four years of relevant experience. The ideal candidate will have provided support to senior managers within the Federal government in the recent past. Private sector experience will be considered.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
This position provides communications and technical writing support to senior managers and staff within the client organization. Support may be provided to primarily one individual or broadly in support of the program’s mission. The Communications Consultant / Technical Writer will maintain a responsive relationship in completing the day-to-day responsibilities within the assigned office. Position responsibilities include but are not limited to the following activities:
Qualifications for the position include:
- Edit and proofread work assignments, including but not limited to articles for the public, scientific publications, posters, and presentations, using appropriate technical writing services.
- Research and analyze recommended audiences for communication initiatives and assist in the development and execution of an outreach strategy to communicate mission and goals of specific offices as identified in individual tasks.
- At Federal direction, draft, coordinate, and execute website content and maintain the main homepage of the client and specific sites as designated.
- Provide guidance in social media strategies and best practices. At Federal direction, draft, coordinate, and execute social media plans to support promotion of client activities.
- Develop and provide style and format guides for the preparation of various document types, both physical and online, including procedures, instructions, and manuals.
- At Federal direction and with Federal input, draft, review, edit, and coordinate documents such as talking points, procedures, action items, speeches, blogs, reports for both internal and external use, and written articles for web, print and broadcast media.
- Provide planning, preparation and input for conferences, briefings, meetings, working groups, and teams.
- Support demonstrations and displays to include planning, set-up, monitoring and disassembly of demonstration/display material.
- Promote and support client and partner agencies via print and electronic media.
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- High-level of proficiency with graphics design applications.
- Four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Ability to obtain a Security Clearance.
- Must be able to speak and write fluently and with a high level of proficiency in English.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Professional telephone and email etiquette.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office.
- Understanding and application of professional grammar and spelling.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow written and oral directions.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills are required.
TeleSolv Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Pass pre-employment background investigation, including credit check and drug test; and
- Obtain and maintain a Federal background check/security clearance.
- U.S Citizen