Warehouse Assistant – Rockville, MD
TeleSolv is seeking a Warehouse Assistant to provide full-time support to a client in the Washington DC metro area. The position requires experience with receiving, tracking, and sending packages to include handling boxes and materials for shipment. The Warehouse Assistant will create and maintain a shipment manifest and provide shipment and receiving reports to the Site Manager upon request. The ability to lift and move packages and boxes weighing 15 - 50 pounds is required. A minimum of two years of experience is preferred.
Position Description and Responsibilities:
The incumbent provides support to the Team Leads and Site Supervisor within the client organization. Support may be provided to primarily one individual or broadly in support of the facility. The Warehouse Assistant will maintain a responsive relationship in completing the day-to-day responsibilities. Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualifications for the Position:
- Ensure packages and materials are accessible and organized to carry out the receiving and shipping in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure that packages listed on the receiving manifest are accurately received and stored.
- Distribute materials in packages to identified work stations for processing.
- Promote good housekeeping and uphold strict adherence to all safety policies.
- Work closely with on-site Team Leads and the Site Manager to respond to the movement and storage of materials.
- Assist with scanning paper documents to be stored electronically and conduct quality review of scanned images against the paper images.
- Assist with identifying records for reference, research, indexes and create box lists.
- Other administrative duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have appropriate related work experience in a warehouse environment.
- Must have the ability to pass a background investigation including a drug test, at a minimum.
- Must have completed high school or have a GED diploma.
- Must possess excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate proper English clearly and precisely; and able to read and write English with proficiency above average.
- Must possess the ability to verbally communicate with all levels of personnel clearly and precisely.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse population.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and according to deadlines.
- Must be able to lift and move packages weighing up to 50 lbs.; and physically bend, twist, and kneel in a safe manner.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Pass pre-employment background investigation, including credit check and drug test.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
TeleSolv Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.