Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
Evidence Control Specialist
This position is on a federal contract.
- Reviews incoming evidence submissions to determine the nature and extent of exams requested. With limited guidance from more senior staff, incumbent uses specific scientific disciplines to conduct analyses.
- Position receives inventories, maintains chain-of-custody, and prepares detailed paperwork pertaining to evidence and submitted items.
- Specialist supports liaison and coordination related to evidence examination with participating entities within a multi-agency laboratory and field environment.
- Specialist handles routine inquiries from outside agencies to assist in determining which items of evidence present probative value for examination purposes. Information is acquired from the evidence accounting system to provide status reports when necessary
- This position requires a minimum of three years of experience managing a team of ten or more employees.
- A high school diploma is necessary and a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Ability to brief customers in foreseeable problems/issues and provide recommendations for potential solutions.
- Good oral and communication skills.
- Familiar with administrative work, data entry, accurate typing and cataloging to ensure accountability and proper tracking of assets and evidence.
- Ability to type 40 words per minute.
- Good typing and organizational skills working with detailed information on evidence and computer systems.
- Familiarity with accountability and audit standards.
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents.
- Ability to scan documents.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products to include MS Word and MS Excel.