Since its founding in 2000, TeleSolv Consulting has been committed to helping organizations solve complex problems. Our solutions integrate sound management principles with the most appropriate technologies to assist senior executives in effectively managing programmatic, schedule, and technical risks.
Our Company is seeking a Budget Analyst. The employee should have knowledge of budgetary processes and automated systems necessary to monitor and manage the office budget. They will use their knowledge and skills in applying the principles, practices and methods of budget execution to monitor whether obligations, expenditures, and requested allotments are within funding limitations in the approved budget.
- Performs budget administration functions in the monitoring, and review of the Field Office (FO) budget for buildings, including personnel, repair and alteration (R&A) projects, utilities, reimbursable work authorizations, and services.
- Reviews and provides information and/or data to the Field Office Director (FOD) and individual building managers in support of the annual budget.
- Reviews and provides information and/or data to the FOD on the annual FO budget. Researches, compiles and summarizes data concerning personnel salaries and expenses and similar object class and line item information needed for execution of the budget.
- Monitors and tracks obligations and expenditures in the financial management systems for support functions throughout the execution phase of the annual operating budget and ensures reconciliation between all reporting systems. Works with the FOD and building managers to ensure timely obligation and commitment of funds. Upon direction from a supervisor or manager, reports variations in excess of accepted funding limitations to activity managers.
- Recommends cost-transfer of funds between object class and function codes under the same appropriations. Prepares data summary for inclusion in routine and special reports on budget execution.
- Tabulates cost data on individual projects/building (i.e., Logistic Management Institute (LMI) and industrial data) to illustrate the effect of changes in levels of funds. Compiles information in the correct format and prepares clarifying information (i.e., graphs, charts and other visual aids).
- Develops budget reports for Budget Activities (BA-80, BA-60, BA-61) for use and tracking purposes of the PBS Field Offices and their staff.
- At times may be required to have customer interaction when working through budget duties. Serves as a liaison between budget analysts and Contractor issues.
- Employee should have knowledge of budgetary and financial relationships with workloads of organizational components to determine whether funds are being obligated and expended in accordance with goals and objectives of the Field Office’s (FO’s) annual work plan with supervisor or manager’s advice and guidance.
- Should have a practical knowledge of the organizational structure, programs and work methods of components budgeted for, to determine whether funding needs are in line with program plans and should be familiar with MS Office.
- Proven experience as budget analyst
- Proficient in MS Office and databases
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Attention to detail
- Must be a U.S Citizen